Hello beautiful people! Today’s post is going to be a little different because I want you guys to get to know me a little more and see the kind of things we have in common! I also just really love reading these kinds of posts so here are 50 random facts about me!
1. I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada and have never loved a place more
2. I have 2 older sisters and they also happen to be two of my best friends
3. I am a huge geek, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars, name it – I love it!
4. I studied horticulture in College
5. The day Sephora came to Canada was one of the happiest days of my life
6. One of my favourite things to do is curl up with a book and a cup of tea
7. I’m afraid of lawn gnomes and clowns – they just creep me out
8. I am a crazy cat lady, I LOVE cats
9. I’ve loved to play with make-up for as long as I can remember – I used to eat my mom’s lipsticks as a baby
10. I collect shot glasses
11. The beatles are my favourite band – it’s a bit of an obsession
12. I love to do crosswords
13. I have 3 tattoos which I absolutely love
14. Tanya Burr is my favourite YouTube beauty guru, I feel like I’ve learned so much from her
15. I’ve been to 3 European Countries and really want to visit more
16. I have a pretty big record collection and prefer to listen to music on vinyl
17. Orchids, Peonies and forget me nots are my favourite flowers
18. I love candy, I have the sweet tooth of a 6 year old
19. Gilmore girls is and forever will be my favourite TV show
20. I have to fall asleep with the TV on or I can’t get to sleep
21. I’ve lived in the same house my entire life
22. My sister and I were born 2 years and 1 day apart, so my birthday is the day after hers!
23. I wish magic was a real thing
24. I hate tomatoes and onions
25. I love playing board games
26. The first NARS product I ever bought was the blush ‘Super Orgasm’ and I still have it
27. If I could go back in time to any generation I think it would be either the 20’s or the 60’s – the 20’s for fashion and the 60’s for music
28. I love to bake and I’m actually pretty good at is
29. I love to read, I’m a total book worm
30. I had my tonsils out when I was 8 years old, and 5 years later I found out they grew back!
31. I’ve never had a cavity!
32. I used to have really unflattering and aggressive side bangs
33. I didn’t like horror movies until I started dating Carmen and he made me watch them! Now I love them
34. If I drive by a really secluded woody area I assume there’s probably a body there somewhere because I watch so many crime scene type shows
35. I think Netflix is one of the best things ever
36. Christmas is my favourite Holiday/time of year. I am that annoying person who starts to get excited about Christmas in like august which is around when I start listening to carols
37. I am very, very clumsy
38. I love coffee
39. I’m 22 years old and sometimes my dad still makes my lunch for me to take to work
40. I met Carmen in Kindergarten!
41. I’ve worn glasses since I was 13
42. Zooey Deschanel, Diane Keaton and Kate Hudson are some of my favourite actresses
43. I can’t whistle
44. I still have my childhood blanket tucked away in a secret place
45. I went to band camp two summers in a row – no it’s not like the movies
46. I break my toes a lot
47. I have never had brain freeze
48. I got pneumonia in Paris when I was 15 on a school trip
49. I have the sense of humour of a 12 year old boy which I share with my sister
50. My second toe is longer than my big toe
There they are 50 facts about me! Let me know in the comments some facts about you! Don’t forget to hit the good buttons and I hope you guys have a fantastic week!
Until next time,
Hello beautiful people! I know I said this in my last favourites post but I really cannot believe how quickly the months are going by!!
I have a few new and revisited favourites to share with you guys so I’ll just dive right into it
First up is the Sleek face contouring kit in the colour light. I’ve talked about this in a previous post but I recently re-discovered it and I absolutely love this duo! The bronzer is a matte brown that has great colour pay off, since I’m super pale I use a duo-fibre brush to pick up less product, but it is totally buildable and gives you a gorgeous bronzed effect. Sometimes I’ll contour with this or I’ll just bronze up my face for a sun kissed look. The highlighter it comes with is a nude colour that gives the most amazing glow on the cheek bones, down the nose, in the cupid’s bow wherever you want to highlight. It’s not an overly dramatic highlighter but like the bronzer it’s definitely buildable to create a really dewy and glowing effect or you can use a small amount and get a nice natural radiance. This duo is also ridiculously cheap ($9.99), we don’t have sleek in Canada so when I went to order this and a few other things off their website a few months ago I couldn’t believe the prices! If you’ve never checked out their stuff I would highly recommend giving it a little look because their products are incredible.
** Sorry you can’t really see the highlighter!
Next is the Hourglass ambient lighting blush in the colour luminous flush. This is a pretty deep pink, don’t be fooled by the way it looks in the pot, the pigmentation on these things is hard core! I literally tap my brush into it and apply it because that’s all you need. The formulation is wonderful; it feels really silky and buttery and gives you a gorgeous flush to your cheeks, it’s all I’ve been wearing in May. The name is actually the perfect explanation of what it looks like on the skin. These are pretty pricey at $41.00 but if you’re looking for a luxurious blush than I would say this is definitely a good one to be checking out!
I love my Naked 2 palette, it’s definitely a go-to for me but sometimes, and I’m ashamed to say this, I neglect some of the colours in it. But NO MORE! I discovered the shade Chopper in the month of May and learned to never take a palette for granted again, because even though something doesn’t look nice in the pot does not mean it won’t look divine on your eye lids. This eye shadow has been all I’ve wanted to wear this month; it’s a beautiful copper-toned colour with shimmer and glitter. The glitter isn’t big and is really hardly noticeable, but the colour is just so summery and lovely and I personally think it suits my skin tone wonderfully. So I sincerely apologize to Chopper and promise to never forget you again! If you own this palette (or don’t) I would suggest try it out or going into the store to swatch the whole palette because it’s just the best.
Last beauty product is the Maybelline pumped up colossal volum’express mascara ( Jeez their mascaras have long names) This recently hit the stores and I have to say I’m really impressed. I’m already a fan of Maybelline’s mascaras in general but I really liked this one because the brush is HUGE which I love, and the formulation is nice and the price is right ($7.99). It’s super black and creates volume without clumping and in only a few coats. I do find I get some flaking but I’ve lost all hope in finding a mascara that doesn’t flake. I think it might be because I wear glasses, and maybe my lashes are hitting my frames… hm.. do any of you wear glasses and find you have this problem? Let me know in the comments.
I think I’m a little late to the game on this favourite but I’m not sorry that I picked it up at all and it’s the novel The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. My friends have been telling me to read this, especially because the film is coming out, but I was all like “mehhh.. it’s probably not worth the hype” well that was foolish of me because this is one of the best books I’ve read in a long time. I won’t give anything away in case some of you want to read it/see the film but I will say that I laughed out loud, I sobbed like a baby, I honestly gained a whole new perspective on terminal illness and how it can affect people (teenagers in this case) and how they can handle it with wit, a sense of humour and grace. Let me know in the comments if you’ve read it and what you thought! I really can’t wait to see the film and would 100% recommend reading the book first because in my experience the book is always better.
That’s all for now Mi Amigos, let me know what posts you’d like to see next or if you have any questions! I always love to hear from you guys, also feel free to follow me on twitter or Instagram! Just gotta click follow on the right hand panel! Don’t forget to hit like and follow my blog while you’re at it!
Until next time,